Becoming a MASTER at RELATIONSHIP MARKETING
is about focusing on the first word, RELATIONSHIP, over the second word, MARKETING.
It’s about mastering relationships in 3-core areas: Relationships with your SELF, Relationships that are PERSONAL and Relationships in BUSINESS.
You simply find out who you ARE (relationship with yourself) and then give yourself AWAY (in your personal and business relationships). Treat others, in all walks of life, the way you would want to be treated. Be giving, caring, humble, especially to people who cannot currently offer you anything in return.
Personal and Business Relationships are more important today than ever before.
We are at the pinnacle of the information age. With the Internet, search engines and social media platforms, people find out about you, personally, and about your business before you have the chance to make your first impression.
So, today, the better you are at MASTERING RELATIONSHIPS, the better you will be at thriving in your personal and business life. Why? Because, today more than anytime in history, people don’t care how much you know because they can research anything online. You separate yourself, personally and in business, by showing people how much you care.
So how do you MASTER Business Relationships or any type of Relationship?
You MASTER it by creating new habits and those habits start with the little things and work their way up to the big things.
Here is an escalation list of habits you need to form in order to MASTER RELATIONSHIPS:
· Nourish yourself with positivity every day.
· Read positive books.
· Listen to positive tapes.
· Never go to bed after watching the news.
· Go to bed after reading or listening to something positive.
· Keep a journal.
· Know your WHY, write I AM statements and set specific goals.
(Remember, you are finding out who you are so you can give yourself away)
· Always smile at others, everywhere you go.
· Say hello to people and express positive greetings.
· Open doors, give people the parking space and let people in traffic.
· Always be pleasant, you never know who you are talking too.
· Say please and thank you.
· Listen more than you speak.
· Be nice to people.
· Celebrate people with pictures, gifts and your written words.
· Share compliments and appreciation daily.
· Make a list of everyone you know and put them in a contact manager.
· Categorize your list into 3 categories: 1) contacts 2) prospects 3) customers
· Always add people to your list and move them through the 3 categories.
· Take detailed notes on all of your contacts.
· Reach out in the spirit of RELATIONSHIP 80% of the time and in the spirit of MARKETING 20% of the time.
· Build your personal brand with friendship, celebration and service.
· Use the 4 methods of communication to reach out regularly to your lists. The 4 methods are TEXT, CALL, GREETING CARDS, and ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION.
· Always be in the spirit of service. GIVE for the sake of GIVING and you will attract what you GIVE.
· Listen more than you speak and always make it about them and how you can help them.
It is not enough to know and memorize this list. It’s not enough to implement this list. You need to make this a list of habits. It takes time, patience and commitment to become a MASTER at anything. If you make these things your daily habits and have a system you can use to keep you on track, you will MASTER relationship marketing and set yourself apart from others.