Networking…Are you missing the Human Connection?
Technology…gotta love it man! But it’s a fact that when networking…
“People do business, with people they know like and trust”
Technology saves us time & money, but there is a missing link when it comes to technology. If your not careful, you’ll lose that Human Connection that is so important when your trying to build a list of clients through Networking.
Networking is building relationships over time. You can network with people everywhere you go. Places such as Chambers of Commerce, Networking Events, even the grocery store…It comes down to being active in your community and business.
Here are some things to focus on…
- Be memorable… Find a way to stand out and be remembered. Follow up with an email, text or greeting card, saying it was nice to meet you, and don’t forget to put something in the message that will surprise them that you remembered about them.
- Be easy to get ahold of…Business cards are great. However, if you want to make an impact take a quick photo together and send a greeting card with that picture, along with your information and a message that makes them feel as though you care and want to continue a relationship.
- Be persistent & consistent. If your not building a relationship with your client then someone else is. A greeting card can be a tool that keeps you top of mind.
- Show you care ASAP… Find reasons to celebrate your clients! Greeting cards are a great way to do this, along with a quick text or comment on FaceBook etc…
Here are some ideas to celebrate your new prospect…
- Nice to meet you
- Thank you for your business
- Thanks for the referral
Following up and putting an effort into continuing your relationships is the best way to bring back that human connection that technology has stolen. By following up and celebrating your new prospect and/or client with important dates and achievements in their life, shows that you truly care about the person not just their business.
Click on the video below to see how this realtor used a personal touch to create a large network when starting anew after moving…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to building a great relationship with you and others that need to add value to their networking. Make sure to pay it forward and help others by sharing this information with those that need to hear it.
Don’t forget, I love to hear from you so leave me a comment below…thanks 🙂